Condo Insurance

We find you the insurance you need at just the right price!

Condo Insurance

Also known as HO6 insurance, condo insurance is a type of coverage tailored specifically for condominium owners in North Carolina. It offers protection for both the structure of the individual condo and the owner's personal property. While a condo association usually has a master policy for common areas and the building's exterior, it's crucial for individual condo owners to secure their own insurance. This safeguards their personal possessions and any upgrades made within their unit.

In the scope of North Carolina, condo insurance generally encompasses personal property coverage, liability, and loss of use. If personal items are damaged or stolen due to incidents like fire, theft, or vandalism, personal property coverage steps in to repair or replace them. Liability coverage acts as a financial shield if a visitor sustains an injury within the condo, and the owner is deemed legally responsible. Should the condo become temporarily unfit for living due to a covered event like fire or water damage, loss of use coverage assists with extra living costs while repairs are underway. We take the time to walk you through your insurance policy, helping you comprehend the specific coverage boundaries, exclusions, and deductibles to ensure you have sufficient protection tailored to your individual needs.

What's Typically Covered by Condo Insurance?

  • Personal belongings - including furniture, appliances, electronics, clothing, and other personal items.
  • Interior structures - including walls, ceilings, floors, and fixtures within your unit, such as cabinets and countertops.
  • Upgrades or improvements - if you have made any upgrades or improvements to your unit, such as installing new flooring or adding custom cabinetry, you may need additional coverage beyond the standard policy.
  • Loss of use - if your unit becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss, your policy may cover additional living expenses, such as hotel costs or temporary housing.
  • Liability - protects you in case someone is injured on your property or if you cause damage to someone else's property.
  • Medical payments - covers medical expenses for injuries that occur on your property.
  • Loss assessment - covers the costs of special assessments levied by the condo association for damages or losses that exceed the master policy coverage.
  • Personal liability - provides protection in case you are sued for libel or slander, or if you accidentally injure someone.


Skip to content